Friday, December 18, 2009

The end.

I am having a hard time finding the right words to write in this last blog post. It's difficult for me to believe we're done! Monday seems so long ago, however; our week went by in a snap.

The week...was just plain fun! We laughed until we cried (or peed!), until our cheeks hurt and our stomach ached. We savored local Southern food which stands to compete heavily with our northern BBQ! We bonded, we shared, all with a common goal to be here to serve; to make a difference. I learned more than I thought I would, about myself and about my team.

I'm reflective tonight about how we all came from different places and met together here for the same purpose, all unique children of God brought together each filling our separate but specific role(s). This team wouldn't have been what it was without a single person. For that, I am grateful.

So much has happened for all of us in the last 6 short days. We all were joined here to spend this time together, to learn about this area, to meet the people, to believe in the passion of eliminate poverty housing, and to make a difference.

Thank you to the friends and family who supported Bonnie, Chris, Dan, Eric, Gretchen, Katherine, Lonnie, Maureen and myself pre-trip. Please continue to support them. They have stories to share, their gifts of service are here.

May God Bless my team. Safe travels to Eric and Dan, who left for Wisconsin tonight about 9:00pm. To Gretchen and Chris who fly out in the morning. To Lonnie, my mom (Bonnie) and I as we start out for Minnesota tomorrow, and to Katherine and Maureen who fly out tomorrow evening.

Signing off from Camp Victor.

Night, ya'll.

-gena gilbertson

3 comments: