Friday, December 11, 2009

Gretchen's ready to go!

My first ever blog post! All of a sudden, it's December 11, and I'm ready to get on a plane tomorrow and enjoy the warmth of New Orleans, and am very excited to roll up my sleeves and get building in Biloxi. My bags are packed, my boarding pass printed, and have even given my hugs and kisses to my family - Scott and the kids are at the cabin until tomorrow afternoon to groom the sledding hill and install some trim. The good-bye was much easier since they were doing the leaving instead of me.

Tommy had to decorate a paper ginger bread man for school this past week, so we found some fabric scraps, cut out some work boots out of gray vinyl, used some denim for work pants, and a blue checked print for a work shirt. A Habitat volunteer gingerbread man complete with a duct tape name tag!

Emily's convinced that daddy will make her haul wood and make supper the whole time I'm gone, and had lots of tears this afternoon. But after a good supper, and getting her baby doll and books ready to go to the cabin she was all smiles when they left tonight.

Temperature right now is 12 degrees. It's a good time to leave Minnesota for a week!

1 comment:

  1. So when are you going to venture into the facebook community!? We'd love to have you!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete