Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Friday night! T minus 8.5 hours!

Hi all, gena here, and Bonnie too! I'm stilling on the floor in my living room with the contents of all the "fun" things to keep me busy in the car all ready to be packed into a big bag. As most of you know, today was a big day for me, I finished my last college class. A college graduate here as your official team leader.

I can't believe that 9 months of planning has lead us to this Friday night. We are each taking varied ways to get to Ocean Springs, MS on Monday, the start of a week long Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity trip. Here we come!

As Gretchen updated, most of us are either packed, packing, or already on their way. My mom, Bonnie, drove up from Wisconsin today with all her things for our trip, including yummy snacks for the road trip! WHAT you say? ROAD TRIP?!? Yes, you guessed it, my mom, I and Ms. Lonnie are all driving to the south, starting TOMORROW, yes (!), TOMORROW morning!

I've been packing since I got back from class. I'm 95% there and too excited to go to sleep yet! Lonnie will pick up our rental "SUV" in the morning and we'll be off.

Eric and Dan left from Appleton after work today. Safe travels, guys! We'll call you on the road! They're planning to drive straight thru, wowza.

Gretchen and Chris are flying from Mpls to New Orleans tomorrow and will be enjoying all that the south has to offer with Gretchen's family!

Maureen and Katherine are flying from Milwaukee to New Orleans on Sunday. I'm sure they are leaving some packing until tomorrow, Sat. Don't forget your toothbrushes, ladies!

Here we come, southern food, warm(er) weather, leaving the snow behind. I'm not sure what is to come, but what I know for sure, at least right now, is that I'm finally excited! It's Friday night! T-minus 8.5 hours!

-gena g.

No comments:

Post a Comment